Indianapolis, IN Wills and Probate Lawyer Assists Families and Individuals with the Probate Process
Probate: even the term can carry an air of mystery and complexity. Indianapolis, Indiana Estate Planning Attorney Barbara J. Baird knows how overwhelming the process of probate can appear to those unfamiliar with it. However, it is not as confusing as it appears. Simply put, "probate" is the steps in a process of establishing a will's validity, otherwise known as the admittance of a will, in order that a will may be administered in a court proceeding. The court must determine whether or not the deceased, or decedent, had a will in place in order to begin transferring the assets from the deceased to his or her beneficiaries: this is the probate process. The probate process has a reputation for being complicated and lengthy, mostly because establishing a will's validity can be complex. However, by putting your probate case into the hands of qualified Indiana Probate Attorney Barbara J. Baird, you can be sure that her dealings with the probate process will be as simple and straightforward as possible. She works with individuals and families throughout the entire estate planning process, demystifying it and making a complicated matter both easy and doable.
Indianapolis, Indiana Probate Lawyer Barbara J. Baird handles all of the matters necessary to quickly resolve any issues that may come up during the probate process, including:
- Identifying and safeguarding potential assets
- Managing assets and real estate
- Identifying and notifying both potential heirs and creditors
- Assessing the validity of claims made against the decedent's estate
- Defending lawsuits brought by creditors, if filed
- Paying all valid creditors' claims
- Preparing an inventory of assets and making a formal accounting
- Filing and paying Federal and state income, estate and gift tax returns
- Publishing legally required notices
- Employment of advisors and professionals to assist in administration.
- Paying the administrative expenses
- Distributing statutory amounts (including exempt property) or assets to the surviving spouse or dependent family members
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries
- Closing probate administration
For many clients dealing with probate, working with Indianapolis probate lawyer Baird allows them peace of mind, knowing that the process is being handled efficiently and skillfully. Attorney Baird works with clients throughout Indiana to ensure that all of the details of estate administration come to a quick conclusion.